Another November in the BooksNovember 30, 2017
(Author’s Note: Today’s post is inspired by the song “Celebration” by Kool & the Gang.)
Celebrate good times, come on (Let’s celebrate)
There’s a party goin’ on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you
Come on now
It’s time to CELEBRATE! Every year, by tradition, I blog weekly during the calendar year, but during November, in keeping (albeit, loosely) with the precepts of National Novel Writing Month, I blog every day. And, starting three years ago, I invite members of the CLC Community to join me as Guest Bloggers. This year, they answered the call like never before!
For 2017, I said I would take up to 15 guest posts… couldn’t help myself… I accepted 20 posts – they were just too good to turn away! Their remarks were poignant, personal, deeply moving and so inspirational. Additionally, I threw an extra challenge at them – I asked them to relate their thoughts to a song – suffice it to say, they did not disappoint! In fact, you can listen to the CLC November 2017 playlist on Spotify courtesy of my November Blogging Partners and me!
With a roaring round of applause and my boundless gratitude, THANK YOU to my AMAZING GUEST BLOGGERS! We did it!
In case you missed them, here are the posts from the month’s 20 Guest Bloggers whose voices helped to make Coffee Lunch Coffee ever more interesting, meaningful and useful:
- “We All Shine On” by Brian Hammer (Song: “Instant Karma” by John Lennon)
- “Root, Root, Root for the Home Team” by Joel Goldberg (Song: “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” by Jack Norworth and Albert Von Tilzer)
- “We Take Care of Our Own” by Neil Israel (Song: “We Take Care of Our Own” by Bruce Springsteen)
- “The Power of Networking Through Shared Experiences” by Annie Glickman (Song: “Beautiful Boy” by John Lennon)
- “To Be Yourself is All That You Can Do” by Eric Johnson (Song: “Be Yourself” by Audioslave)
- “Breaking Down to Network Can Bring You Joy” by Col. J. Scot Heathman (Song: “Breakdown” by Jack Johnson)
- “Better. Stronger. Smarter.” by Dawn Zerbs (Song: “May We All” by Florida Georgia Line)
- “I Know You, You Know Me” by Tom Cohen (Song: “Come Together” by the Beatles)
- “I’m Not ‘Fine’ – You’re Not ‘Fine’” by Brooke Latas (Song: “Bruises” by Pat Monahan of Train and Ashley Monroe)
- “I’ve Got Friends in Low Places” by Laurie Bollig (Song: “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks)
- “Put Me In Coach, I’m Ready to Play” by Jeff Bollig (Song: “Centerfield” by John Fogerty)
- “Fly Beyond the Rainbow” by Jill Breuer (Song: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Judy Garland)
- “Connections with Flavor!” by Gabe Zorogastua (Song: “Ñukallajta” by Ayllu)
- “I Wan’na Be Like You” by Karen Stakem Hornig (Song: “The Monkey Song” from The Jungle Book)
- “Want Some Clients with that Shake?” by Jacqueline L. Friedhof (Song: “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift)
- “Make Networking Meetings Healthier” by Dr. Michelle Robin (Song: “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban)
- “On and On and On and On” by Ann O’Meara (Song: “Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey)
- “Lessons from the Pep Club Bus” by Loralee Stevens (Song: “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen)
- “I’m Not Planning on Going Solo” by Christy Rogers (Song: “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham!)
- “Start with Yourself” by Nibal Petro Henderson (Song: “Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson)
Well, there you have it! My seventh NaNoWriMo finished and filed. Thanks for sticking with me. I’ll be back next week with my regularly scheduled weekly post. Wishing you a wonderful December and Happy Networking! Cheers!